The "oohs" and "ahhhhs" came out for Kobe Bryant in Toronto on Sunday afternoon as the Lakers defeated the Raps at the ACC. But Kobe only had to play 28 minutes as the Lakers second unit took care of business. Andrew Bynum had 16 points and Matt Barnes (who almost landed on the Toronto Raptors during the offseason) finished with 12 points and 9 boards off of the Lakers' bench.
DeMar DeRozan was aggressive on the offensive end for the Raps, who were without leading scorer, Andrea Bargnani. The Compton kid scored 23 points and got to the line 11 times, making all 11 free throws. Linas Kleiza had another impressive outing (starting in place of Sonny Weems) scoring 26 points and grabbing 10 boards. The Raps stayed competitive in the game, getting within six midway through the fourth quarter. But the shots weren't falling for Toronto. Even with well-executed plays and good open shots, the home rims weren't nice to the Raps in the second half.....well...except on this play:
- Lakers won the rebound battle 46-35
- Raps had 13 steals, which was a season-high
- Ed Davis Watch: 0 points, 3 boards in 17 minutes
- On Saturday night, artists from Toronto put on an art exhibit in honour of Ron Artest titled "Lovable Badass: Artists on Ron Artest" and Artest made a personal appearance at the show
- Young Onez Watch: Amir 14 pts/6 boards, Sonny - DNP (back), DeMar 23 points (11 for 11 from the free throw line)
- Next up, the Raptors take on the Detroit Pistons on Wednesday.
(Photo credit: AP Photo/The Canadian Press, Frank Gunn)