Even though Amir Johnson had a career game against the Knicks on Sunday afternoon, Amare Stoudemire was just too much for the Raptors. Amare Stoudemire was beasting for the New York Knicks, scoring 31 points and pulling down 16 boards as the Knicks cruised to a 116-99 victory. Amir Johnson had an impressive performance with a season-high 22 points and career 16 boards for the Raps. The Raps relied on the second unit to keep them in this one but couldn't close in on the Knicks. New York was hot from the three ball range, knocking down 12 threes that kept the Raps out of it.
Jerryd Bayless had his most memorable game as a Raptor, scoring a season-high 23 points to go with his 7 boards, 6 assists and 5 threes. Bayless did what he could to keep the Raps in this game in the second and third quarter but guys like Bargnani, Weems, Barbosa and Kleiza couldn't get their offensive game going. Toronto was also without Peja Stojakovic who missed his fourth straight game (left knee).
For New York, the Knicks just worked their offense off of Amare Stoudemire. With S.T.A.T. as the focal point of the offence, the Knicks were able to capitalize from three point land. Shawne Williams scored 14 points off the bench for NY, scoring 14 points and Wilson Chandler also drained a couple of threes, scoring 21 points for the Knicks.
- Raps were horrible from the free throw line, going 6 for 16 in the first half, and were a season-low 11 for 22 for the game
- Ed Davis Watch: Not a bad showing, 6 points, 8 rebounds in 17 minutes
- Watch DeMar get posterized by the Knicks' Timofey Mozgov
- Young Onez Watch: Amir 22 pts/16 reb/3 stl/2 blks, DeMar 12 pts , Sonny 4 pts
- For a Knicks perspective on the game, check out PostingandToasting.com
- Next up, the Raps are on a back to back and face off against the Indiana Pacers on Monday
Subscribe to RAPS TALK, our audio podcast on iTunes
If you don't have iTunes, you can subscribe here
Check out our Facebook Page
Follow @hiphoopjunkies on Twitter
(Photo credit: AP Photo/The Canadian Press, Chris Young)