RAPS 94, SIXERS 86
Well, that wasn't too bad. The Raps ended their four game road trip with a 2-2 record, including a 94-86 win over the Philadelphia 76ers last night. Sonny Weems put up a career high 25 points, playing a team-high 41 minutes. The Raps had decent night offensively, and one thing that is quite apparent is that the Raptors' success this year depends largely on Andrea Bargnani's offense. If Andrea Bargnani is having an offnight, it's going to be tough for this team to win games. Bargs had a season-high 30 points on 12 of 18 shooting to lead all scorers. Toronto had an impressive fourth quarter outscoring the Iguodala-less Sixers squad 25-15.
Elton Brand had 27 and 8 boards for the Sixers. The second pick of this year's NBA draft, Evan Turner, finished with the double double with 11 points and 12 rebounds.
- The Sixers shot just 32-87 (36.8%), Raps shot 34-73 (46%)
- DeMar DeRozan finished with just 4 points on 1-3 shooting.
- Raps were 24-29 from the FT line
- Reggie Evans had another double digit rebounding night, grabbing 14 boards
- Former Raptor Watch: Jason Kapono, played 5 minutes, and had 0 points. Great job, JK.
- Up next, the Raptors are back home to take on the Houston Rockets on Friday night