Good teams win on the road. Good teams adapt when they're shorthanded. The Raps looked nothing like a good team at all last night.
It was just a straight up blowout. Kevin Martin jumped on the Raptors in the first quarter and that pretty much sealed the deal on the game. Martin scored 15 of his 28 points in the first when the Rockets scored 37 points in the opening quarter. The Rockets set a season-high 68 points in the first half as Houston cruised their way to a victory Monday night.
You know things are bad when you're checking the Yahoo! boxscore and Marcus Banks in your top performer. Banks had a half decent game, putting up 15 pts, 3 rebounds, 4 dimes and 4 steals. If there were any other shining moments for the Raps, they were Andrea Bargnani (14 pts and 6 rebounds) and Jarret Jack (11 pts and 6 assists). But the rest of it was just ugly. Along with injuries to Bosh and Calderon, Hedo did not return after half time after rolling his ankle in the first half.
For the Rox, Kevin Martin had 28 points and Aaron Brooks finished with 28 pts, 5 rebounds and 7 assists.
- The Rockets scored 30+ points in each of the first two quarters
- Raps drop their fourth game in a row
- Toronto was outrebounded 43-36
- No Jose (elbow), No Bosh (ankle) in this one
- Houston built a 21-point lead at the half
- Houston nailed eight threes in the first half
- For a Rockets perspective, check out The Dream Shake
- DeRozan Watch: 14 minutes, 1 rebound
Next up, the Raptors take on the Knicks this Friday...
Photo credit: (Photo by Bill Baptist/NBAE via Getty Images)