This wasn't an all-star game of any sort, but it sure felt like it. The Raps just jumped on the Nets in the first half and built up a 70-33 lead by halftime. This was just ugly Nets basketball. I know how hard it is to be a Raps fan, but being a Nets fan this season must be worse. This was more of an embarrassing loss for the Nets than a good win for the Raptors.
Raps had seven players in double figures as everyone got in the action tonight, even Marcus Banks has been getting some run with Jose out. Banks put up 14 pts and 6 rebounds in his 22 minutes of playing time, yes, Marcus Banks. Amir Johnson led this blowout with 18 points along with some hustle boards stats with 7 boards, 2 steals and 2 blocks.
For the Nets, there wasn't much to cheer about tonight. Chris Douglas-Roberts (whose names takes up pretty much takes up all of the space on the back of his jersey) led the Nets with 16 pts in his return from injury.
- Raps shot an impressive 59% from the floor
- Former Raptor, Rafer Alston, finished with 13 pts
- Brook Lopez finished with 14 pts, 8 rebounds
- It was Muggsy Bogues night at the ACC
- Raps led by as much as 40 during this game
- Points in the Paint: 60-46 for the Raptors
- Raps are now 9-0 when holding teams to under 100 pts
- For a Nets perspective, check out Nets Are Scorching
- DeRozan Watch: 24 minutes, 16 pts, 4 boards, 1 steal and a block and a couple of highlight reel dunks
Next up, Raps take on N'awlins....
Photo credit: (AP Photo/The Canadian Press,Nathan Denette)