Trevor Ariza went 0-10 from the floor yesterday, 0 for 9 from the field and 0 for 1 in thrown elbows as the Rockets lost to the Raps yesterday afternoon in Toronto.
The Raps didn't need another closed-door meeting to get out of their two-game funk. After dropping an ugly 111-89 loss to the Atlanta Hawks, Jarret Jack helped turn the Raptors around in yesterday's 13-point win.
Hedo Turkoglu had his best game as a Raptor putting up 23 pts on 9-18 shooting along with 2 threes, 6 boards and 5 dimes. Jarret Jack filled in for the injured Jose Calderon (who will not make the Florida road trip) and put in a great defensive effort for the Raps. Jack (17 pts, 8 rebounds, 8 dimes) was a leader on the floor and has made a significant impact to the team since filling in at the starting PG slot.
For the Rockets, Carl Landry and Luis Scola were the bright spots for the Rockets. Landry put up 25 pts (10-13 FG) and 7 boards off of the Rockets bench and Scola finished with 21 pts and 15 boards.
With 3:47 left in the third quarter, Trevor Ariza got a little frustrated with his poor performance and took an elbow swing out of frustration at DeMar DeRozan after Demar had stolen the ball from Ariza.
This led to an Ariza-ejection as he was called for the technical foul.
- Raptors had 22 assists to the Rockets' 13
- Bosh finished with 27 pts and 6 boards
- The fan fave, Pops Mensah-Bonsu, had a monster block on David Andersen
- Great D by the Raptors holding the Rockets to 36.8% and 88 pts
- Ugly three-pt shooting from the Rockets going 3 for 24
- Trevor Ariza held to just 0-9 shooting
- For a Rockets perspective, check out Red 94
- DeRozan Watch: 21 minutes, 2 pts, 2 rebounds, 2 steals