I can't believe a 35-year old Canadian and Grant Hill are running this league.
The Toronto Raptors don't exactly make me proud to be a Canadian, but damn, Steve Nash does. Nash proved today that even at 35 he can run the best team in the league. Sure, you have your Kobes, your Lebrons, your Melos in the rest of the league but Canadians have Steve Nash. And he put on a show yesterday. Nash finished with 20 pts, 3 rebounds and 16 dimes as the Suns downed the Raptors 113-94.
The Raptors on the other hand continued to show that they can play a good first half but they also show that they can't compete in second halves of games for squat. The Suns outscored the Raptors 63-45 in the second half as the Raps only shot 39% for the game.
Bosh showed up (30 pts, 17 boards, Bargnani showed up (24 pts, 7 rebounds) and even DeMar showed up (14 pts) but the rest of the team...not so much. Jose Calderon fizzled in the point guard match up putting up 2 pts, but he did have this nice 'oop to DeMar.
- The Raps have lost three straight
- All five Suns' starters + Barbosa were in double figures
- Points in the Paint: 52-36 for the Raptors
- J-Rich led the Suns with 22 pts
- Toronto went 1 for 20 from three
- Robin Lopez may be the scariest lookin' dude in the NBA
- The Suns have scored 100 pts in every game this season
- For a Suns perspective, check out ValleyoftheSuns.com
- DeRozan Watch: 23 minutes, 14 pts, 1 rebound, 1 assist
Next up, the Raptors face the Wizards on Tuesday