MAVS 129, RAPS 101
The Mavs came out running, and the Raptors came out limping as the Mavs blew out the Raps 129 to 101. In the second game of Raptors' back to back, the Mavs just straight out scorched the Raps and shot 62.4% from the field. Dirk led the Mavericks with 29 points and 9 rebounds but the Mavericks also had big games from Josh Howard (16 pts in his season debut) and former Raptor, Shawn Marion (18 pts, 8 rebounds) The Raptors couldn't keep up with the running game and the Mavericks pulled away after a 15-4 run to start the third. That 15-4 run coupled with a 44 point Dallas Mavericks fourth quarter put the icing on the cake early as the Raptors stunk it out.
In Bosh's Dallas homecoming, he led the Raps with 26 pts, 12 rebounds and another three ball. But aside from Bosh and Bargnani (22 pts), the Raps had no other offensive weapons. The Mavericks bench outscored the Raptors bench 58-30.
- The Raptors had 14 turnovers to the Mavericks' 9. The Raptors' turnovers converted to 21 of Dallas points.
- JJ Barea had 12 dimes off of the bench for the Mavs
- Fastbreak Points: 24-12 in Dallas's favor
- So much for "Protecting the House" as the Mavs scored 56 points in the paint
- Former Rap, Kris Humphries looked good and finished with 8 pts, 5 boards in 13 minutes
- For a Mavs point of view, check out Mavs Moneyball
- DeRozan Watch: 2 pts, 5 fouls, yuck.
Photo credit: (Photo by Glenn James/NBAE via Getty Images)