RAPS 107, HORNETS 90
Even Patrick O'Bryant got some clock.
In a game that looked like a matchup between the Toronto Raptors and just Chris Paul, the Raptors picked up 42 points off of 14 triples in their 107-90 win over the New Orleans Hornets. The Raps blew the door wide open after a huge 34-14 third quarter where Bosh, Bargnani and Hedo got the three-ball stroking. At the end of the third quarter, the Raps led 83-65 and never looked back.
Andrea Bargnani had another stellar rebounding performance as the Raptors' leading rebounder. Bargnani finished the game with 14 points and 9 boards but Chris Bosh was just as nice with 27pts/7rebounds and one three-ball. Hedo Turkoglu had four of the Raps' fourteen threes finishing with 16 points.
On the other side, Chris Paul was the only Hornet to show up. CP3 had a nice stat line: 21 pts, 7 rebounds, 18 assists and two steals. It was a nice line, but Paul had no offensive support to help him in tonight's game. As for the rest of the Hornets starters? They combined for 31 points.
- Bobby Brown was the lone spark off of the bench for the Hornets with 16 pts
- Jose Calderon had a nice game: 16 pts, 8 assists and 4 rebounds
- The Raps shot 48% from three-point land
- +/- stats: Bosh and Hedo were both +26 for the Raps
- Eric Smith interviewed former Raptor, Morris Peterson , at halftime of last night's game, MoPete finished with 5 points
- DeRozan Watch: 18 min: 4 pts, 2 rebounds, 2 assists on 2/3 shooting
- For a Hornets perspective, check out Hornets247.com
Photo credit: (Photo by Layne Murdoch/NBAE via Getty Images)